Campus Accessibility and Other Resources
The University of Hong Kong is situated across hilly terrain. Accessible ramps are constructed to connect different levels of the campus. Tactile guide paths are built to guide directions. Other accessible facilities include:
- Accessible Entrances of Major Buildings in Main Estate
- Wheelchair Friendly Routes on HKU Main Estate
- Toilets for Persons with Disabilities
- Carparks and Charging Bay for Persons with Disability
- Tactile Maps for University Campus
- Shuttle Bus Service (Campus shuttle buses are not equipped with ramps)
For urgent accessibility assistance, please call the 24-hour Security Control Centre (3917 2882).
Accessible routes to CEDARS-CoPE office
We are located at Room 301-323, Main Building, The University of Hong Kong. If you are coming by MTR, alight at HKU station, and the nearest exit will be Exit A2.
Below please find the instructions, map and videos indicating accessible routes from different entrances of the University to CoPE office:
- From MTR Exit A2 (West Gate) (Green Route)
- From MTR Exit C1 (Centennial Campus) (Brown Route)
- From The East Gate (Blue route)
If you would like to have more information on wheelchair friendly routes on HKU main estate, click for the beta version of the “Wheelchair Friendly Routes Map” on HKU Main Estate.
Accessible transportations in Hong Kong
- A Guide to Public Transport for People with Disabilities published by the Transport Department
- Rehabus, Easy-Access Transport, Easy-Access Travel & Accessible Hire Car (The Hong Kong Society for Rehabilitation)
- Services for the People with Disabilities (Transport Department, The HKSAR Government)