Fund for SEN
Fund for SEN
In response to a call for donation to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of HKU Class of 81 in 2006, Mr. Henry Chan made a generous donation that helped hundreds of students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) with the establishment of the Henry Chan Inclusive Education Fund. The Fund enables HKU to expand its learning support services for students with SEN.
In 2019, Mr. Henry Chan has made another donation to set up the K.B. Chen Inclusive Education Fund, envisioning a sustainable source of support for the generations of students to come.
CEDARS administers the donation funds to support students with SEN to procure learning equipment or services. Students with SEN can apply for the Fund under the following schemes:
- K.B. Chen Inclusive Education Award for Students with Disabilities/SEN
- K.B. Chen and Henry Chan Inclusive Education Grant for Students with Disabilities/SEN (open for application throughout the year)
- K.B. Chen Inclusive Education Enrichment Subsidies (open for application throughout the year)
The Registry also invites applications for scholarships specifically for students with SEN. Click here for scholarships that are currently open for applications.
- Li Kwan Hung Education Fund
- HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund - Endeavour Merit Award
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Overseas Fellowship/Scholarship for Disabled Students
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowship/Scholarship for Disabled Students
- S.K.Y. Lee & Lee Chi Hung Scholarship for Hearing Impaired Students
- T. M. Gregory Memorial Scholarship
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships (SEN quota)
- BEA Inspiring Student Scholarship
Other university financial resources