Guided Social Coaching
Guided Social Coaching (2nd semester of 2021-22)
- Demonstrate social and communication skills with guidance from certified trainers
- Provide constructive feedback to peers with social difficulties
- Conduct real-life skill practices
- Promote inclusion by facilitating mutual learning and peer engagement in social events
- Be able to speak and understand Cantonese
- Attend all the following training and sessions:
Time and Date
Feb 23, 2022 (Wed) 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Face to face
Mar 2, 23, 30 & Apr 6, 2022 (Wed)
6:00 – 8:00 pm
Individual skill practice sessions
After each group session, coaches and coachees need to meet once to practice the skills taught in the group session.
There will be in total 4 individual skill practice sessions. Each session usually lasts for 0.5 – 1 hour. Time and date can be flexibly arranged between coaches and coachees.
After all sessions, all coaches and coachees will coordinate a social activity together. Date, time and format will be discussed among themselves.
- A deeper understanding of the challenges related to social skill deficits
- Heightened interpersonal sensitivity
- Helping skills and strategies in giving constructive feedback
- Leadership skills