Low Intensity Psychological Treatment
What is Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (LICBT)?
LICBT is an evidence-based and short-term psychological intervention. It is found to be effective in treating mild to moderate common mental health problems, including depressive mood and anxiety.
In LICBT sessions, you will work with our Psychological Well-being Officers (PWO), who are trained and supervised by Clinical Psychologists, to explore the relationships between your thoughts, behaviours, emotions, and physiological responses. Adopting a guided self-help approach, you will learn from the self-help materials and apply the skills to your daily life to manage the matters of concern with the guidance of PWOs.
Are you having any one of these concerns?
- Having low motivation
- Worrying too much
- Not sleeping well
- Hoping to develop a more adaptive daily routine
- Hoping to learn practical skills to improve your well-being
- Our PWOs will deliver individualized sessions based on your needs
- 4 available modules: Behavioural Activation, Worry Time, Problem-solving, and Sleep Management
- Each module consists of 4-6 weekly or biweekly sessions
- Each session lasts for 30 to 45 minutes
- Self-help materials will be introduced with guided practice
Get a Screening
If you are a current HKU student and are interested in receiving LICBT, email us at email@example.com with the subject line "LICBT" and provide us with your full name, phone number, and UID. Our PWOs will contact you within 1-2 weeks for a 10 to 15-minute phone screening to discuss your current needs.
LICBT Introduction Video